Nanoengineering Programs Offered by NC A&T SU
The Master of Science and Doctor of Philosophy in Nanoengineering is designed for individuals from diverse science and engineering background who desire to conduct advanced engineering research at the nanoscale. Graduates are prepared to seek positions in industry, government, and academia in fields that utilize nanotechnology.
- Computational Nanotechnology
JSNN is a flagship research facility located at Gateway University Research Park South Campus.
- Over 100,000 sq. ft. of cleanroom, laboratory, office and meeting space
- Advanced nano, micro, chem, bio, computational labs, valued in excess of $80 Million
- Over 160 state-of-the-art fabrication, synthesis, characterization, test, microscopy and modeling tools
- National Nanotechnology Coordinated Infrastructure (NNCI)
- Southeastern Nanotechnology Infrastructure Corridor (SENIC)
- Nearly 90% of current students receive some form of assistantship and tuition waiver
- Title III HBGI PhD Fellowship
- NSF Research Traineeship (NRT) in Microbiomes
- Dean’s Fellowship
- Graduate Research and Teaching Assistantships
Undergraduate degree in engineering or applied sciences (mathematics, physics, chemistry, biology or computer science), Application fee, Transcripts, 3 recommendation letters, personnel statement, resume, GRE score (for PhD applicants only) and TOEFL (for international applicants). Apply online here. In addition to the application materials required by NC A&T State University Graduate School above, applicants must submit a personal statement indicating their interest in the program and a current Curriculum Vitae. Students may be admitted for either Fall or Spring Semester. The deadline to apply for Fall admission is May 1st and for Spring admission is October 1st. Qualified applicants will have an engineering degree and, as a minimum, completed calculus through differential equations.
Limited Only by Your Imagination
Our admissions staff is here to provide thoughtful guidance as you make important decisions about your education. Apply now and let us know how we can support your exciting plans for the future.