James G. Ryan, Ph.D.
James G. Ryan is the founding dean of the Joint School of Nanoscience and Nanoengineering of North Carolina A&T State University and The University of North Carolina at Greensboro. His primary responsibilities encompass academic and administrative leadership of JSNN as well as the development of strategic partnerships with industry and government organizations. In addition to being a founding dean of JSNN Prof. Ryan also has strong research interests in thin film deposition, interconnect technology, semiconductor manufacturing technology and radiation hardened nanoelectronics.
- A. E. Kaloyeros, M. R. Stan, R. Geer, E. T. Eisenbraun, J. Hartley, J. Raynolds, A. Gadre and J. G. Ryan,
- J. E. Cronin, J. Hiltebeitel, C. W. Kaanta and J. G. Ryan, "Integrated Circuit Chip Wiring Structure with Crossover Capability and Method of Manufacturing the Same," U. S. Patent 6,576,848, Issued 6/10/03.
- B. El-Kareh and J. G. Ryan, "Flexible Interconnections with Dual-Metal Dual-Stud Structure," U.S. Patent 6,426,544, Issued 7/30/02.
- J. G. Ryan, A. Mitwalsky and K. Okumura, "Planarized Final Passivation for Semiconductor Devices," U. S. Patent 6,376,911, Issued 4/23/02.
- H. Jones and J. G. Ryan, "Technique for Extending the Limits of Photolithography," U. S. Patent 6,337,516, Issued 1/8/02.
- E. Levine, M. Lofaro, and J. G. Ryan, "Manufacturing Methods and Uses for Micro Pipe Systems," U. S. Patent 6,228,744, Issued 5/8/01.
- A.Chakravarti, S. Chakravarti, and J. G. Ryan, "A Process for Forming a High Density Semiconductor Device U. S. Patent 6,204,112, Issued 3/20/01.
- N. Greco, E. N. Levine, M. F. Lofaro, and J. G. Ryan, "Manipulation of Micromechanical Objects," U.S. Patent 6,199,269, Issued 3/13/01.
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, 1988
M.S., Biomedical Engineering
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, 1980
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, 1978
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, 1977