JSNN & The NIC
Our facility was created to provide researchers from academia, small and large companies, and government with access to university user facilities with leading-edge fabrication and characterization tools, instrumentation, and expertise within all disciplines of nanoscale science, engineering and technology.
Nanomanufacturing Innovation Consortium (NIC)
The NIC was established to enable 24/7, shared-user, fee based access to the JSNN’s state-of-the-art research and education facility to academic, industry and government users. NIC is fast-becoming a leader in transformative nanomanufacturing research, discovery and education enterprise addressing the diverse needs of its consortium members. Gateway University Research Park administers the NIC program on behalf of The Joint School of Nanoscience and Nanoengineering (JSNN). JSNN is a flagship research facility located at Gateway University Research Park’s South Campus. JSNN was established as an academic collaboration between North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University (NCA&T) and The University of North Carolina at Greensboro (UNCG). JSNN currently has six technical focus areas including: Nanomaterials, Nanometrology, Nanoelectronics and Nanobioelectronics, Nanobiology and Nanomedicine, Computational Nanotechnology, and Nanoenergy & Environment.
- Over 100K sq. ft. of cleanroom, laboratory, office, and meeting space.
- Advanced nano, micro, chem, bio, computational labs, valued in excess of $80 million.
- Over 100 state-of-the-art fabrication, synthesis, characterization, test, microscopy, and modeling tools.
- Nanoelectronics & Bioelectronics Cleanrooms
- Nanomaterial synthesis incl. scale-up
- Cell, Tissue and Molecular Biology
- Biosafety Level 3 Laboratory
- Advanced Microscopy Suite
- Analytical Instrumentation Suite
- Gateway Material Test Center
- Computational and 3D Visualization
- Energy and Hydroponics Laboratories
Support & Services
- 24/7 affordable access for academic, industry and government users
- Extensive safety and equipment training; online tool scheduler
- Intellectual property protection via direct user control of project
- Expert consulting, project and data analysis assistance
Become a user/member of The NIC
- Contact us at email@example.com or Shyam Aravamudhan, Director of JSNN Core Facilities, JSNN-SENIC site at firstname.lastname@example.org or 336-285-2856.
- Define (on your own) or work with our research staff on project goals and equipment/process needs. Both on-site (you do the work) and remote (we do the work) services available.
- Complete consultation/instrument request form.
- Set up the NIC partnership agreement with JSNN and Gateway.
- Attend orientation, safety and equipment training