UNC Greensboro’s JSNN Announces Establishment Of First Institute
The Joint School of Nanoscience and Nanoengineering (JSNN) revealed the newly minted Joint School’s Institute for Research Technologies. The institute will further strengthen the facilitation of industry partnerships with faculty at UNC Greensboro and North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University. Additionally, the institute will focus on preparing the next generation of students at JSNN with broad research, technical, and entrepreneurial skills that are required for the industry workforce.
The institute will:
- Provide industry partners and researchers from JSNN, N.C. A&T, and UNCG with access to state-of-the-art research facilities.
- Foster collaborations and establish research consortia to address some of society’s most pertinent challenges through cutting-edge science and engineering research.
- Partner with industry partners to provide students with the best educational practices.
- Provide industry partners with talented students for internships and/or job opportunities.
- Facilitate university-industry partnerships focused on acquiring funding for joint projects.
“I am thrilled about the approval of the institute by both universities,” said Sherine Obare, JSNN dean. “We are confident that this new structure will not only support access to research facilities for analytical and characterization purposes, but more critically, it will also strengthen partnerships for research and development with our talented faculty members.”
Read the full press release at Patch.com.