Welcome to the Southeastern Nanotechnology Infrastructure Corridor.
Created as a partnership between the Institute for Electronics and Nanotechnology at the Georgia Institute of Technology and the Joint School of Nanoscience and Nanoengineering (JSNN) to provide researchers from academia, small and large companies and government with access to university user facilities with leading-edge fabrication and characterization tools, instrumentation, and expertise expertise within all disciplines of nanoscale science, engineering and technology. The National Science Foundation has selected the Southeastern Nanotechnology Infrastructure Corridor (SENIC), a collaboration between Georgia Institute of Technology’s Institute of Electronics and Nanotechnology (GT-IEN), North Carolina A&T State University (NCA&T) and The University of North Carolina at Greensboro (UNCG) as a site for the prestigious National Nanotechnology Coordinated Infrastructure (NNCI). The work at NC A&T State University and UNCG will be conducted at the Joint School of Nanoscience and Nanoengineering (JSNN). Further details of the new program can be read in the Georgia Tech press release, NCA&T press release and UNCG press release.
Deputy Site Director at Georgia Tech IEN
Tel: (404) 894.0479
- Innovation: Strengthen and accelerate discovery in nanoscience and nanoengineering across the southeastern US
- Commercialization: Allow nanotechnology-based innovations to reach the market quicker
- Education: Provide education & outreach programs in nanotechnology with focus on the southeastern US.
- Broad access to top-down and bottom-up nanofabrication
- Up to 200mm wafer and 300mm panel substrate capabilities
- Extended characterization capabilities
- Microscopy assets of JSNN
- Extending SE coverage through Carolinas and Virginias
3-Serving a Diverse Community
- Partnering top producers of minority and women engineers
4-Range of Industries Served
- Traditional SE industries (textile, agriculture, paper)
- New SE high-tech industries (energy, biotech, automotive, aerospace)