JSNN Annual safety training
The Joint School of Nanoscience and Nanoengineering (JSNN) is committed to providing a safe laboratory and research environment for students and users to conduct their work. After attending this training, complete, sign, and return the LAB SAFETY TRAINING CONFIRMATION FORM
JSNN Research Guidelines During COVID-19 Pandemic
- Based on Guilford County orders and CDC guidance, face coverings are required indoors for all individuals regardless of COVID-19 vaccination status and at crowded outdoor events where physical distancing is difficult. JSNN also strongly recommends masking outdoors in crowded settings when 6 feet of distance from others cannot consistently be maintained.
- For contact tracing purposes, all individuals entering or exiting JSNN are required to sign-in and sign-out at the main security entrance of the JSNN building.
- N.C. A&T and UNCG require all students and employees to submit vaccination documentation (i.e., vaccination card) or participate in mandatory testing. Employees need to be completely vaccinated to be exempt from testing. You are considered completely vaccinated following one dose of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine or following the second dose of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine.
- Employees who have not uploaded proof of vaccination will be required to be tested at no-cost to the employee.Employees who are not fully vaccinated will receive an email notifying them of when they are required to get tested. The mandatory testing frequency will be no more than once a week and will depend on COVID-19 rates at their respective university campuses and in the community.
- If an employee enrolled in the mandatory testing program becomes completely vaccinated and submits their proof of vaccination into their respective university vaccine Portal, they will be removed from the testing program and will not be required to be tested.
- If you are exposed to COVID-19 or suspect that you have been exposed, you are required to take a COVID-19 test. While awaiting the test results, you must quarantine for your safety and that of others, whether you feel well or not. You may return only after your PCR test results are negative.
- If you test positive for COVID-19, you are required to self-quarantine for 14 days and only return after your health care provider has given you written approval to return. Inform your supervisor of your absence and ask for help as needed.
- Do NOT report to JSNN work if you are feeling ill. Instead, stay home and contact your healthcare provider to determine if you need to get tested.
- Please remember to disinfect surfaces before and after usage. Stagger shifts with co-workers.
- Maintain distance with others (6 ft (2 m)).
- Vaccination remains the best tool we have to keep yourself and others safe. We strongly encourage all JSNN members – employees and students – to get vaccinated if you are not already, to protect yourself and your loved ones.
For JSNN Trainers and Trainees
Effective November 1, 2020, JSNN students may be trained to conduct experimental research as approved by their academic advisor. All trainers and trainees must:
- Attend a training seminar
- New students who have not done so must attend a lab safety training
- Be provided with the proper PPE
- Complete the required access request forms