JSNN facilities are open to academic (internal and external) users, small and large companies, and government researchers.
To use JSNN facilities or resources, you must enroll in the JSNN User Program.
JSIRT Internal Users
You’re considered an internal user if you’re a student, faculty and/or staff member of the Joint School of Nanoscience and Nanoengineering (JSNN), North Carolina A&T State University (NCA&T), or the University of North Carolina at Greensboro (UNCG).
External Users (from other academic institutions or industry)
External users (other academic institutions or industry) can access the JSNN facilities as a Joint School’s Institute for Research Technologies (JSIRT) user.
JSIRT allows users to conduct their own work, experiments or research. You can also request JSNN technical staff to perform the work.
If you are a new, first-time principal investigator of JSNN/SENIC facilities from external academic institutions (non-GT, non-NCA&T and non-UNCG) or non-profit organizations in the US, you have the opportunity to access JSNN facilities free for a limited time. Please visit the JSNN/SENIC Catalyst page for more details.
Interested in joining?
If you’re interested in becoming a JSIRT user, contact JSNN core facility to initiate your project. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org briefly describing the project, and what tools and/or facilities may be required. If you have any questions, contact Dr. Shyam Aravamudhan at 336-285-2856; email: email@example.com.
- Submit JSNN Security Access Card 2020.
- Complete JSNN General Safety Training: For JSNN General Safety Training, please contact Dr. Nafisa Sirelkhatim at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please return the JSNN user enrollment form and safety training documentation to Dr. Nafisa Sirelkhatim at the JSNN Dean’s Office; email@example.com. After verification, you’ll obtain your JSNN Access Badge and will be officially enrolled as a JSNN User.
- All equipment requires training and sign-off by staff. For training on specific tools, labs or facilities, submit a User Training Request. Information regarding the process or samples should be provided in the form for staff to evaluate your request. Insufficient information or lack of a signature will delay your request.
- After training and sign-off, a Bookitlab account will be created for you. You can then schedule and use the tool or facility by scheduling it on BookItLab. Every tool that has a calendar must be scheduled. All calendars are immediately accessible regardless of training/sign-off; however, please do not schedule time until authorized. If you wish to use an open instrument immediately, this should still be entered into the calendar for tracking purposes; also make sure you cancel appointments if you finish early or no longer need the tool or facility.
If you’re interested in becoming a JSIRT user, please contact the JSNN Core Facility to initiate your project. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org and briefly describe the project, and what tools and/or facilities may be required. If you have any questions, contact Dr. Shyam Aravamudhan at 336-285-2856; email: email@example.com.
Services and products provided to users under JSIRT are performed on a “best effort basis,” and without warranty or endorsement. JSNN will only charge users for actual usage/service.